I’m laying down the songwriting gauntlet, Scenesters!
Here’s your mission, should you choose to accept it:
1) Write a song using one or more of the days of the week in the lyrics. (To be clear: That means you have to use one of the following words in your song: “Monday,” “Tuesday,” “Wednesday,” “Thursday,” “Friday,” “Saturday,” or “Sunday.”) If Rebecca Black can do it, lord knows we can do better, right?
2) You have one week from tomorrow do complete it. It’s a Sunday-to-Sunday challenge. (To be clear: submissions are due on Sunday, July 3 at 11:59 p.m.)
3) This is not a “contest,” just a “challenge.” There are no prizes. As long as you send in your submission as requested, however, I will post your song on the blog! Um, keep in mind — if you don’t want your song posted, best not to send it.
4) This CANNOT be a previously written or recorded song. The challenge is to write the song within the time frame given. Come on…you can do it!
5) You *must* send me a copy of the lyrics. Please paste it into the e-mail or send as a separate Word doc.
6) You *must* also send a recorded digital MP3 version of the song. Doesn’t need to be fancy — just recorded on a simple digital recorder, iPhone, whatever, is fine.
7) Send your submission to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, city/town you’re from and if you have a URL you’d like me to link to.
8) Have fun writing!
~ Cheers, Sharon